- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT 2020 Annual Road To Emmy 16-Part Series Kicked-Off May 8; Phase 1 FYC Marketing Opportunities Announced
- Wednesday, May. 6, 2020
First Road to Emmy Installments Feature Artisans Involved In Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV+, CBS All Access, HBO, Hulu, Nat Geo, Netflix, Showtime & USA Network Shows
With the Emmy® Season kicking off, SHOOT® kicked off it's annual 16-Part "Road to Emmy" Series with a special Emmy Season Preview feature on May 8th with regular weekly installments to start on May 15th. The "Road to Emmy" Series shines a spotlight on producers, directors, documentarians, cinematographers, editors, production designers, visual effects supervisors, composers and other artisans - each feature explores the backstories, creative challenges and collaborative relationships experienced by notable artisans generating Emmy buzz prior to nominations. Once nominations are announced the remainder of the Series focuses on nominees. Each "Road to Emmy" installment will be published on SHOOTonline.com (45,000+ unique visitors) with links to each article going out in the same day's SHOOT Dailies email newsletter and that Friday's SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter (22,000 opt-in subscribers). Part 5 of the series will also appear in the June/July Print Issue & PDF version and Part 13 will also appear in the August/September Print Issue & PDF version. Emmy nominations coverage will be published on SHOOTonline.com on July 28 and season coverage will conclude with coverage of the Creative Arts Winners on September 12 and 13, and Primetime Winners coverage on September 20.
- Click Here for the 2020 SHOOT Road to Emmy Calendar.
- Click Here to see past SHOOT Road to Emmy series features.
SHOOT has just announced some of the artisans who will be featured in the first several "Road to Emmy" Installments (The following is subject to change and additional names to be announced)
Click Here to read The May 8th Road to Emmy Preview
- Kirk Baxter, editor, reflects on his longstanding collaborative relationship with David Fincher, particularly their work on Mindhunter (Netflix).
- Jeff Cronenweth, ASC, a two-time Best Cinematography Oscar nominee (for The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), makes his first foray into TV series with Tales from the Loop (Amazon Prime Video), a collaboration which reunited him with director Mark Romanek.
- Lesli Linka Glatter, director/executive producer, who reflects on the final season of Homeland (Showtime).
- Mark Mylod, director/executive producer and a DGA Award nominee this year for the "This Is Not For Tears" episode of Succession (HBO).
- Amy Talkington, co-executive producer/writer --and-- Lynn Shelton, director/EP on Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu), share insights into the miniseries.
The Road to Emmy, Part 1: May 15th
- Lenny Abrahamson, a Best Director Oscar nominee for Room, reflects on Normal People (Hulu), a series which he directed and exec produced.
- Derek Cianfrance, a DGA Award winner for his commercialmaking, and a lauded feature filmmaker (Blue Valentine, The Place Beyond The Pines)--talks about the limited series I Know This Much Is True (HBO) for which he served as writer, director and exec producer.
- Mathew Price, production sound mixer and a seven-time Emmy nominee, reflects on his team’s contributions to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime Video).
- Quyen Tran, cinematographer, shares insights into her impactful, groundbreaking work on the limited series Unbelievable (Netflix).
- Morten Tyldum, a Best Director Oscar nominee for The Imitation Game, discusses his dual role as director and EP of the miniseries Defending Jacob (Apple TV+)
The Road to Emmy, Part 2: May 22nd
- Ian Brennan, a three-time Emmy nominee for Glee (two for Best Comedy Series, one for Writing), discusses teaming with Ryan Murphy to create the miniseries Hollywood (Netflix)
- Andy Greenwald takes us on his first showrunner gig as the creator/writer behind the TV series Briarpatch (USA Network)
- Jeff Okun, VFX supervisor, Cosmos: Possible Worlds (National Geographic), reflects on the scope of the project and the responsibility of continuing Carl Sagan's legacy.
- Andy Zimmerman, VFX supervisor, a two-time Emmy nominee, discusses his work on and the challenges posed by the ambitious Star Trek: Picard series (CBS All Access)
FYC Marketing Opportunities
SHOOT Connects the Industry: For the last 59 years, and now more than ever...
With the coronavirus prompting the cancellation of in-person FYC events, social distancing does not have to mean losing much needed connectivity during this challenging Emmy season. Now in its 60th anniversary year, SHOOT has been connecting artists--ranging from directors to DPs, producers, editors, production designers, composers, sound designers, VFX supervisors and more--with each other as well as industry decision-makers, generating awareness of noteworthy work throughout the entertainment/advertising community, including among the ranks of Emmy voters. Networks can break through self-isolation in the marketplace by tapping into our community, SHOOT’s influential readership which looks to us for news and insights spanning business and creative trends, artistic achievements and work deserving of awards consideration. While we continue to cover all the latest creative, production & post news, we're also working hard to bring the industry all the latest news and information relating to the coronavirus pandemic and how it relates to the industry. And during this unprecedented time, SHOOT is making access even more affordable during May for those who would like to promote early.
SHOOT’s digital and print platforms provide the ideal environments in which to promote prior to & during nomination voting that will take place 7/2-7/13 and then prior to & during final round voting that will take place 8/21-8/31. SHOOT Magazine Print (with bonus PDF version) and SHOOTonline/The SHOOT Dailies/The SHOOT>e.dition digital platforms are ideal for bringing attention to your programs and individual nominees. Our audience of production & post industry executives and artisans including Telvision Academy members (SHOOT is extremely strong in the vast majority of peer groups) will be reading SHOOT’s Emmy-related coverage with great interest throughout Emmy Season. Our readership of Above-the-Line and Below-the-Line decision-makers includes production executives, producers, directors, cinematographers, editors, production designers, visual effects & animation executives & artisans, music & sound executives & artisans and many more.
- Click Here for SHOOT Emmy FYC Marketing information.
- Click Here for the May "Early Promotion" Rates (Banner rates 50% off & custom email blasts 15% off during May for getting the word out early)
- Click Here for June-August Emmy FYC Digital Rates
- Click Here for June-August FYC Custom Email Blast Rates
- Click Here for Digital Specs (for SHOOTonline website, SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters and custom email blasts)
- Click Here for June/July Issue & August/September Issue FYC Print Rates (SHOOT Magazine Print & PDF Issues)
- Click Here for Print Ad Specs
SHOOT Digital and Print Platforms, include...
50,000+ unique visitors per month*. 7-day or 30-day runs can start any day. The Ideal cornerstone for FYC Campaigns providing fantastic exposure all season long! In addition to the Road to Emmy Series, there will be all kinds of Emmy-related news and features that will appear on the site and in the SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters during the season. Because we are a highly targeted site, it is filled with industry-related content of great interest to people you want to reach so they are reading all throughout the site regularly. An authoritative source of information on what's going on in the industry, the people you want to reach are coming to SHOOT even more than usual right now to check for news on event and festival changes, status of shoots, workflow tools, news and information about all of the Guilds, etc. Now would be a great time to make a splash on SHOOTonline; try our regular or expandable banner sizes, banners with video, etc. Contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer, for a targeted tailor-made proposal.
SHOOTonline.com PAGE VIEWS & VISITORS consistently increase; here are stats from the most recent Google traffic report for the year 2020:
* PAGE VIEWS YTD thru the end of April were up 22.80% to 883,207+-, as compared to 719,207+- for the same period in 2019.
*Average per month PAGE VIEWS YTD thru the end of April were up at 220,802+-, as compared to 179,802 +- for the same period in 2019.
*VISITORS to the site (users) to the site, YTD thru the end of April, were up 27% to 270,014+- as compared to 212,617 for the same period in 2019.
*Average per month VISITORS (users) YTD thru the end of April, were up at 67,504+- as compared to 53,154+- for the same period in 2019.
Key Benefits to advertising on SHOOTonline
- When you purchase a banner it runs on the Home Page and all pages throughout the news, screenwork, and SPW sections of the site - and there are thousands of pages—a key benefit-- because while thousands of users enter the site via the Home Page, thousands others enter via links in articles from one of our 3 email newsletters so they are entering the site on all different pages and your banner will be wherever that is!
- Banners will also rotate up and down on pages where there are multiple slots of your size. Sometimes running in two slots on the same page; always while appearing on all different pages at the same time.
- Mobile Friendly! you'll be able to provide additional size banners for mobile at no extra cost so your banners appear perfectly on all mobile devices!
File formats: JPG, GIF, Animated GIF, Flash & HTML5. 3rd party tags accepted. SHOOTonline is DFA and Jetpack certified.
Banner Sizes include regular & expandable: Billboard 970x250, Large Leaderboard 970x90, Leaderboard 728x90, Side Half Page 300X600, Side Medium Rectangle 300X250
Interstitial: up to 600x500 up to 800x550
Wallpaper/Skins: Top (1110 x90 or x250 + 2 Sides (300x660)
Floor (catfisher): 728x80 or 970x90
- Click Here for Screenshots from the Emmy 2019 Season (samples of various size banners for "VEEP," "Game of Thrones" & "Sharp Objects" on several site pages)
- Click Here for For SHOOTonline Banner Specs
The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter
Published every Friday to 22,000 opt-in subscribers. The SHOOT>e.dition contains headlines/abstracts to all of the content published on SHOOTonline.com since the previous Friday's SHOOT>e.dition.
File formats: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif; site-served, you may provide tracking tags.
Banner sizes: "Top" 468x60, "Side" 180x150, "Skyscraper" 180x600. and choice of two 'Bottom Banner" sizes 468x60 or 595x250
- 2020 Emmy Season SHOOT>e.dition Schedule:
Phase 1: May 8,15,22,29 June 5,12,19,26 July 3,10
Phase 2: July 17,24,31 August 7,14,21,28
See web versions of a small sampling of past SHOOT>e.ditions with FYC banners...
- November 22, 2019 with banner for "Handmaid's Tale"
- December 6, 2019 with banners for "Fleabag"
- December 20, 2019 with banner for "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
The SHOOT Dailies email newsletter
Published daily Monday-Friday to 3,500 opt-in subscribers. Banners run in all 5 newsletters M-F. If already promoting on SHOOTonline.com and The SHOOT>e.dition, this is great add-on for making an added splash.
File formats: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif; site-served, you may provide tracking tags.
Banner sizes: 728x90, 180x600, 180x150.
See web versions of a small sampling of past SHOOT Dailies with FYC banners...
- November 26, 2019 with banners for "Jonas Brothers Chasing Happiness"
- December 11, 2019 with banners for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
SHOOT Magazine Print Issues (with bonus PDF version & Digital Distribution) A SHOOT Print Ad is much more than a Print Ad...
Put your FYC message into decision-makers' hands of SHOOT Magazine's highly targeted circulation of production &ost industry executives & artisans.
When you run a Print Ad, the PDF version runs with live link to your FYC site in the PDF version of the issue that is posted on SHOOTonline.com for additional readers to view/download. We drive traffic to the PDF Issue with banner Ads on the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter for six weeks after it's published -and- we also email the PDF version to 40,000 opt-in subscribers!
Click Here for web version of sample email sending the Dec. 2019 Issue PDF version.
Click Here for web version of sample email sending the Jan/Feb 2020 Issue PDF version.
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Print Ad Rates (with bonus PDF version) Cover & premium positions in The Road to Emmy Feature are available!
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Ad Sizes/Specs
Emmy Season, Phase 1 June/July Issue
This Issue will have Part 5 of the Road to Emmy Series; an important issue timed to keep your programs top-of-mind before and during nominations voting 7/2-7/13.
PDF version of Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on 6/12 & emailed to 40,000 opt-in subscribers on 6/15. Print issue in readers' hands 6/15-6/19.
- Space Reservations: May 29 || Ad PDF File Due: May 6/5 (final extension 6/8)
Click Here for PDF version of the May/June 2018 Issue with Ads for "Mindhunter," "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," "Long Strange Trip," "GLOW," "Godless," "Ozark"
Emmy Season, Phase 2 August/September Issue
This Issue will have Part 13 of the Road to Emmy Series; an important issue timed after nominations are announced to keep your programs top-of-mind right before & during final voting 8/17-31)
PDF version of Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on 8/7 & emailed to 40,000 opt-in subscribers on 8/10. Print issue in readers' hands 8/10-8/14.
- Space Reservations: July 29 || Ad PDF File Due: July 31 (final extension August 3)
Click Here for PDF version of the Aug/Sept. 2018 Issue with Ads for "Godless," "The Marvelous Maisel," "Stranger Things," "The Crown"
SHOOT Custom Email Blasts
Sent to our opt-in database of 40,000. Ideal for screening invitations, streaming notices, promoting BTS Videos, and other FYC Messages
Click Here for Custom Email Blast Rates/specs
Here are just a few we've sent out...
Sent during 2019/20 Winter Awards Season
- December 27, 2019 - "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
- December 12, 2019 - "Fleabag"
- December 5, 2019 - "Modern Love"
- November 14, 2019 -" Handmaid's Tale"
Sent during 2019 Emmy Season
- August 12, 2019 - "Our Planet"
- June 21, 2019 - "Now Apocalypse & American Gods"
- June 20, 2019 - "Lorena"
- June 18, 2019 - "The Romanoffs"
- June 13, 2019 - "Live In Front Of A Studio Audience"
- June 11, 2019 - "Game of Thrones"
- June 7, 2019 - "When They See Us"
- June 3, 2019 - "Free Solo & Hostile Planet"
The SHOOT Publicity Wire (The SPW): Post Your TV and Film News, Promos, BTS videos & more
Self-service and easy to use, The SPW reaches entertainment & commercial production and post decision-makers, influencers, executives and artisans, media outlets, journalists, bloggers, researchers, social networkers, search engines, prosumers, fan sites, & other industry stakeholders and influential decision-makers that affect the commercialmaking, filmmaking, cinema, media and television, web and mobile video businesses. Distribution of your SPW Release will include: SHOOTonline Mobile App and SHOOT's opt-in ePubs (SPW Media Alerts, Brand New[s], SHOOT Dailies, SHOOT>e.dition) SHOOTonline.com site placement, archiving and indexing, RSS Feeds, social feeds to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and mobile SMS dynamic feed,and search engine optimization (SEO) for Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
Rates: $60. - post a release with full content, up to 8 photos, hot links & video. $20. - post a video release with video, description and credits.
- Click Here for SPW information
- Click Here for For SPW Home Page
- Click Here for SPW categories to post under
SHOOT Print & Digital Advertising Links....
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Print Ad Rates (with Bonus PDF version) Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Ad Sizes/Specs. (Bonus: When you place a print Ad, the PDF version runs with live link to FYC site at no extra charge in PDF version of the issue that is posted on our site for readers to view/download.) PDF version is also emailed to The SHOOT>e.dition's 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
- Click Here for Digital Ad Rates for SHOOTonline.com, SHOOT>e.dition, SHOOT Dailies. Click Here for SHOOTonline Banner specs.
- Click Here for Custom email blast Rates/specs
Contact us... for more information on SHOOT FYC Marketing and how we can tailor a program for you please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer, at 203/227-1699, ext 701 or via email.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for Film, Tv & Commercial Production & Post; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2020 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.